Home Forum

(Solved) Does anyone get reminders about their service end date?

When I had a non-smartphone I used to get a SMS reminder 7 days before my end date and then a few times after that. Since I switched to an android I haven't gotten any reminders at all. I'm very forgetful so these are actually helpful to me.

Related:

#1 jmcook79, Nov 16, 2013
Some companies do it some don't.

#2 BRAINZ2013, Nov 16, 2013
My old phone was also straight talk I've been with them for 4 years.

#3 jmcook79, Nov 16, 2013
i got metro pcs and tmobile . They do it and send 7 days aka one week before due date . But at&t they don't send jack to you and when your a week late cut you off fast .

#4 BRAINZ2013, Nov 16, 2013
There for awhile I would get them 7 days, 4 days and the day before my service expired. Last couple months I'd been getting them 4 days and the day before. And I've been using android phones since they started selling them. Before I started using the android phones they never sent me sms messages at all (probably largely in part because the non android phones I used had the service end date plastered all over the screen).

#5 clark71822, Nov 17, 2013
That's so strange because my wife and I switched from flip phones to Androids (still Verizon network ) and now I'm 4 days from my end date and she's 2 days and still no texts.

#6 jmcook79, Nov 17, 2013
I have straight talk using t mobile towers and I always get the reminder texts, my dad used to use a straight talk verizon phone but I dont know if he would get those, he usually gets 6 month cards.

#7 new optimus, Nov 30, 2013
Make sure you have a good email address on your account with Straight Talk. They should be emailing you notifications.

#8 DarkJedi, Dec 2, 2013
I do because I use my main email address to log in to their website. I talked to a customer service rep and he told me he set it up so I could get reminders, but I forgot to ask him to do the same for my wife's phone. I called back the next day and was told that there is no way to set it up because the reminders are sent randomly lol. I guess I'll find out soon enough.

#9 jmcook79, Dec 2, 2013
Here's an update. Now I'm getting notifications but my wife still isn't. This time I sent a message to straight talk on Facebook. I've read that the support there is much better since it's based in the USA.

#10 jmcook79, Dec 20, 2013
Issue solved. I contacted them via Facebook and my problem was solved in less than an hour! I found out that random texts are sent advertising Straight Talk reserve and special offers etc. but the notifications about your end date can be sent to any phone.

#11 jmcook79, Dec 20, 2013