Home Forum

Data and Weather widgets

IMG_2589.jpg Hi there!

I'm new to the forum - I'm primarily an iOS user (iPhone 6S and Samsung tablet), but after the announcement of the Pixel 2 I'm planning to switch my phone over to Android as well.

There are however a couple of widgets which I use multiple times every day on my phone and haven't yet been able to find an equivalent for on Android (I've been looking on the Play store on my tablet). I was wondering if anyone was able to direct me towards any Android apps that could provide this functionality either as a home screen widget or a persistent notification;

(See attached image)

This first is for showing data usage. So far all the data usage apps on Android I've found can only display data usage for one period, not showing the day by day usage alongside my usage throughout the entire month, as this widget does. I find it extremely useful to have this side by side view of both each individual days usage against how much I've used of my monthly allowance.

The second is a weather graph which shows temperature and precipitation over the next 24 hours. The closest I've found to this is from the weather underground app for Android, which offers the same type of graph except over a 3 day period, which I can't work out how to change. However this widget always has display issues when I load it on my tablet which does not fill me with confidence that it will work well on a phone, and the three day period is not as practical and easy to glance and see information from as the 24 hour graph I have currently.

Thank you anyone who can give me suggestions of apps to try! I'm happy to pay once off fees for full versions of apps to get the best experience, however I can't imagine I'll be paying any subscription services for relatively minor features such as these.

Related:

#1 Tmonine, Oct 11, 2017